Scissor lift electrocution
A man died on Tuesday this week after he received an electric shock while working from a scissor lift in De Witt, near Syracuse, New York.
The man, Derek Torres, 33, was an employee of M & M Electric Construction and was apparently working at the AmeriPride Linen service company in the town when he was found unconscious in the platform. Co-workers lowered the lift, and administered CPR while waiting for the emergency services to arrive. Torres had marks on his hands that suggested that he had received a substantial electric shock.
He never recovered and was reported dead at the scene. OSHA is investigating, but first indications are that he died from touching a live power connection, and that the fatality was not related to the platform or how it was used.