A hand-cranked crane built by Bowser and Cameron of Glasgow in 1859 has been restored and put back on display in Hopeman Harbour, Morayshire.
The crane was first used in preparing cargo at ports on the Clyde, and then in 1880 it was purchased by the Wick Harbour Board for use in the Herring fishing industry, before being moved to Hopeman Harbour around 1925.
For the next 50 years it was used for a variety of lifting duties until it was pensioned off. It then remained on display as a historic artefact. Finally during Hopeman’s 200th anniversary celebrations in 2005 it was decided to renovate the crane.
Local man Bill Angus of Sparrows Offshore in Aberdeen stepped in and with the help of the company had the crane restored to like new condition.
John McPherson of the Hopeman Community Association, said: "We wanted to restore the crane so that a part of the village's history would be preserved and protected for future generations. The staff at Sparrow's have done a terrific job in restoring the crane to its former glory and it looks fantastic now that it is sitting back in its traditional spot on the harbour."
Ewan Kerr a director of Sparrow added: "This was a slightly more unusual job for us to take on but one that our employees tackled with great enthusiasm. Hopefully the repair work will ensure the crane continues to act as a reminder of Hopeman's history and a point of interest in the village for another 150 years."