06.07.2017

Linesman electrocuted

A utility company employee was electrocuted yesterday in Danville, Virginia while working from the bucket of an truck mounted aerial lift/bucket truck.

The man, Samuel Thompson, 63, had been called out to check a power outage in the area, while inspecting the power lines he received a shock that was strong enough to end his life. He had worked as a linesman for the company for more than 20 years.

Danville Utilities director Jason Grey said: "We are deeply saddened to lose a member of the Danville utilities family. This is a difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with Sam’s family, friends and co-workers.”
The bucket truck following the incident

Comments

This website is using cookies to provide an optimised user experience. By continuing you are agreeing to the use of cookies. More Info
OK