A man was seriously injured on Wednesday in Richmond, Virginia, when his boom lift came into contact with overhead power lines.
The man was working from the platform of a telescopic JLG boom lift from the Sunbelt Rentals fleet, and had tried to squeeze the platform between the power lines and the building he was working on. He was much too close however, and high voltage arced through the platform to earth setting the tyres alight as it did.
Around 400 local residents lost power for a while, while the man survived the shock, but is now struggling for his life in hospital. He is very lucky indeed to be alive and not electrocuted. OSHA has, we understand taken over the investigation into what happened.
Editor: ‘He is very lucky indeed not to be alive…’